DICK CAHILL MEMORIAL AWARD
Dick Cahill was a well known local government finance professional who contributed so much to his profession, spanning over 35 years. Dick was still working for Camden Council and had only just announced that he was retiring from local government before his sudden death in October 2001, and his loss was felt by many. His name will be treasured for a long time to come.
Submissions are invited from up and coming finance professionals working within NSW local government to receive the Dick Cahill Memorial Award.
The Dick Cahill Memorial Award Scholarship encourages the ongoing development and training of up and coming finance professional staff within NSW local government, and the opportunity to participate in the local government sector as a member of LGMA NSW. The Dick Cahill Memorial Award Scholarship recipients will receive complimentary conference registration to attend the LGMA NSW LG Finance conference, accommodation and an individual membership to LGMA NSW effective until June 2014. The total scholarship package is valued at over $1500.00.
The Dick Cahill Memorial Award Scholarship is open to all local government employees
- Who are under 30 years of age at the time of application
- You do not need to be a member of LGMA NSW to apply for this scholarship
Note: The Dick Cahill Memorial Award Scholarship is restricted to two applicants per council. A maximum of ten scholarships will be awarded.
The Dick Cahill Memorial Award Scholarship applications must include the following:
- Completed award submission, outlining in 200 words or less, what you value most about the local government sector, why you should be awarded this scholarship and what you hope to get out of this conference and LGMA NSW membership.
- Full CV for the applicant
- Supporting reference from your general manager recommending your application for scholarship
Full scholarship terms and conditions are outlined on our website and should be referred to prior to making a submission.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, to be received by 30 April 2013.