LGMA NSW Young Professionals Member Network
The key purpose of the Young Professionals Member Network is to establish a professional development group that is led by young professionals and that represents young professionals within local government.
The Member Network is open to young professionals (under 30), from all functions of council, who have an interest in enhancing and promoting their career and personal development opportunities. The focus is to ensure that local government involves, engages and expands young talent.
The Member Network aims to:
- influence and enhance Professional Development opportunities and learning;
- provide networking and knowledge sharing opportunities that are creative and interactive;
- provide a forum for young local government professionals to discuss, debate & progress issues or points of interest or pertinence;
- focus on activities in the regions and involvement in LGMA NSW conferences & events;
- establish links with potential mentoring groups;
- develop LGMA NSW responses and submissions to position papers and;
- investigate and facilitate secondments.